By CLTure News
February 7, 2019 (Updated)
The Mint Museum has partnered with Nike and Jordan Brand to host events during NBA All-Star Weekend and to activate a pop-up shop from February 14-17.
Nike and Jordan Brand have taken over the event spaces at Mint Museum Uptown to host events for team owners, the NBA Commissioner, and the public. The Mint’s Uptown galleries will be closed to the public from February 13-17 while NBA All-Star Weekend events occur.
The facade on The Mint now displays a larger than life Jordan Brand / Nike graphic, and a basketball court will be installed in the Robert Haywood Morrison Atrium along with other exciting and unique experiences for fans of basketball and art.
“Our goal at The Mint Museum is to engage the Charlotte community in any way that we can. We are excited to meet museum newcomers who will come through our doors during NBA All-Star Weekend, and hope that they will be compelled to return to the museum with friends and family to view our expansive galleries when they are open. Art, like sports, is for everyone, and we hope that our partnership with Nike and Jordan Brand will remind the Charlotte community that we are here to support them and our economy,” said President and CEO Todd A. Herman in a press release.
*The activation will open to the public at 3 p.m. Stay tuned to our channels for a preview!*
Hours: Thur: 3 – 9 p.m., Fri: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sat: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Sun: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Here’s what you can expect from the Nike/Jordan Brand activation:
- Trial silhouettes including the Nike Adapt BB and the WhyNotZer0.2 on the onsite basketball court
- Speaker sessions and workshops centered around creativity and entrepreneurship
- Browse the most popular shoes at the onsite SNKRS* pop-up shop
- Personalize the 2019 Jordan Brand NBA All-Star Edition Uniforms
- Create a custom ASW Snapchat lens
- Shop the full Nike and Jordan Brand 2019 NBA All-Star Collection, as well as graphic local tees designed by young creatives from the Jordan Designers Program, powered by Wings
Nike/Jordan NBA All-Star 2019 Events February 14-17, 2019:
- Owner’s HQ (Charlotte Mint Museum)
- Product Customization/Trialing (House Of Hoops at 350 E. 6th St.)
- Design Workshops (Social Status)
- Iconic Basketball Shoe Exhibit (Social Status House Of DNA)
- Workplace Equality Speaker Panel (The Female Quotient at We Work)
- Jordan Invitational at Johnson C. Smith University (Oak Hill vs. West Charlotte)
View this post on Instagram